A Golden visa is a Spanish resident permit programme. It gives foreign investors that meet the criteria set, a quick and easy way to obtain residency in Spain.
There are a few ways in which to become eligible for the golden Visa -
· Invest a minimum of €500,000 in Spanish property - This can be one or more properties, but without finance.
· Have a 1 million euro shares or shareholdings in Spanish companies.
· Bank deposits of 1 million Euro in Spanish Financial institutions.
· A two million Euro investment in Spanish public debts.
· Spouse or partner
· Children under age or are dependent on the investor that is applying
· Family that is dependant on your care
No additional investment is required to add your family members to the Visa.
This type of visa is usually aimed at non-EU investors. Residency in Spain will then give you free travel rights within the EU.
· Notary documents to prove ownership of properties valuing more than €500,000
· A valid passport – with at least 1 year left of validation
· 2 x passport photos
· Proof of no criminal record
· Proof of medical insurance (Residency does not allow for work or grant you state benefits)
· Marriage certificate (if you are applying for your spouse)
· Birth certificates (if you are applying for your children to become residence)
You can apply for a Golden Visa residency at the Spanish consulate in your residing country.
Please note this is an overview of the Golden Visa. You should always consult a legal representative to discuss your personal situations and obtain legal advice.