Starting a business from scratch in Spain can be very daunting. Many Expats choose to buy an existing business in Spain, hitting the ground running, as the business that is purchased should already have a good client base. The other positive side to this, is that buying an existing business means that it should have all necessary trade licences in place. Therefore only needing a change of ownership.
If you are looking to buy a business in Spain there are a wide variety for sale.
Below is a list of just some of the businesses currently for sale.
· Construction companies
· Clothing stores
· Dry cleaners
· Excursion Companies
· Estate agents
· Hair and beauty Salons
· Property Management companies
· Veterinary clinics
A different option to buying a business in Spain, is to purchase a Franchise. Franchising can offer a safer way to earn an income in Spain , than starting your own business. You have a business model to follow and buying into a brand name. There are a wide range of Franchises for sale in Spain covering all types of businesses from beauty clinics to food and coffee franchises.
· Always employee a Spanish Lawyer when buying a business in Spain
· Try to find out why the business is being sold
· Always get at least two independent valuations of the business that you are buying in Spain
· Check out local competition
· Check local planning permission – make sure nothing is planned to be built that may harm the business that you are purchasing. This is something that your Spanish Lawyer can do for you.
· Check all current contracts that are held with employees of the business that is for sale.
Updated June 2020